Ever notice how some folks will knock themselves out to get the very best brands of liquor and then mix it with some of the most awful stuff.
In this edition of Drinks with George we explore some key ingredients, and of course, make some excelllent cocktails.
Recipies for cocktails mentioned or made in this video are below:
- 30 mL (1 oz) full cream milk
- 30 mL (1 oz) vodka (such as Titos)
- 30 mL (1 oz) Kahlua
Fill a rocks glass halfway with ice, and add Kahlua and Vodka. Layer cream on top by pouring it slowly over the back of a spoon so that it does not mix with the other two liquors. Add a straw to stir with, but no other garnish.
Gin and Tonic
- 30 mL (1 oz) Gin (such as Bombay Sapphire, Tanqueray or Hendrick’s)
- 60 mL (2 oz) Tonic Water (George suggests Fever Tree Mediterranean)
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Lime for Garnish
Fill rocks glass with ice. Add gin then tonic and a squeeze of lime. Stir gently and garnish with a lime wedge.
- 60 mL (2 oz) of Vodka (such as Titos)
- 30 mL (1 oz) fresh lime juice
- Dash of simple syrup
- 90 mL (6 oz) ginger Beer (George prefers Bundaberg)
- Lime for garnish
- 2 Dashes bitters (Angastora Orange)
Fill a copper cup with ice, add all ingredients. Stir gently and garnish with a lime wedge
Jack and Diet
- 60 mL (2 oz) Black Label Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey
- 90 mL (3 oz) diet Coca Cola
Fill rock glass with ice, add all ingredient and stir gently.
Important – never, ever garnish a Jack Daniels drink NFL – No Freakin’ Lime!